Have you been tempted to order McDonald’s Shamrock Shake? Let's try whipping up this guilt-free version at home, instead!
Guilt-Free Shamrock Shake Recipe:
This icy beverage blends Plain Greek Yogurt with protein powder, and every sip is infused with a hint of cool minty flavor. Plus, you can’t beat the pretty green hue for the perfect St. Paddy’s Day delight!
- 1/2c. Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 scoop vanilla or plain protein powder (Don’t have any? Just use a full cup of Plain Greek Yogurt, which has tons of protein in it!)
- 1/8 tsp. mint extract (or more for taste)
- 2-3 packets Truvia (or sweetener of choice, also for taste)
- 5-10 ice cubes (use more for a thicker shake)
- 4-6 oz. water (use less for a thicker shake or more for a thinner shake)
- Add some spinach for a green hue! (This is a suggestion I saw from a few of my blogger friends!)
Makes One Serving (Calories depend on Protein Powder and Yogurt- Mine was 280 calories)
Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend till it’s smooth! Now pour into a glass and enjoy your Protein Shamrock Shake! If you really don’t want to use the spinach in the shake, (which I understand) you can add green dye for the color- or just let the shake taste the way you want it without the green color. Enjoy!